cff

Saturday 3 May 2014

Animating the Lights

Yesterday before I set up my renders I spent some time animating my decorative lights. I wanted a variation so while the green ones are static, the blue ones flash and the red ones involve the light glow moving up and down. I had never done this before so I was really happy to actually get it to work!

I decided to export my lights into a separate scene because I knew I would have to render some sequences out to check the speed and that the animation was working. If I had done this in my final scene I would still be waiting for a sequence!

Once I was happy I just imported the lights and animation back into the scene.

I decided that the blue lights were not flashing quick enough in this test.


I liked the speed of the red lights in this so made no further changes to it.


I was a lot happier with the speed of the flashing lights now but wanted to try out them all flashing at different times.



Alternating the flashing and gradients seemed more interesting and dynamic so I decided to go with this. To do this I had to duplicate the shaders and move the animation for each along the graph editor to different times.

No comments: