cff

Friday 7 February 2014

Noise Making Child Toys

Whilst looking at sound machines and kinetic sculptures I suddenly thought about child toys. It was the 'Groan tube' which I could picture in my head remembering the noise and way to use it but couldn't remember what is was called so I typed in noisy child toys and got a range of other really useful noisy toys.

The 'groan tube' has a ball in it which rolls down a spiral trial each time you turn it making this strange noise. Another noise happens if you shake it. This reminded me of some of the unusual noises from pieces of Futurist music so I thought it was perfect to look at how it works.


I've made some influence maps of noise making toys which I think I can use to inspire my designs and mechanics of my sculptures so that they would work if actually real.


No comments: