cff

Thursday 19 April 2012

Lotte Reiniger inspired animation ending cut-out prep

At the end of my animation the classic heart closes in on the romantic scene. I could have easily done this on photoshop or similar but what would be the point of that when this is a hand drawn animation!

I then instead could have drawn the heart shape gradually coming in on each frame but then I thought about including another hand/2D animation technique that we have learned about and which we automatically are reminded of Reiniger's work... That is the shadow puppetlike silhouette cut outs.

I took an existing frame from the first kiss scene to prep these cut outs for my finale. This has not only helped me figure out how many cut outs I need but exactly where I need to draw my two characters because in this frame they turned out to not be where I want them at the end.

No comments: