cff

Thursday 26 April 2012

Unit 6: Ideas 4 & 5

My 4th idea comes from another love of mine which is fantasy and fantasy art. But I didn't just want to look at fantasy art in general, that's way too broad. It was elements of child fantasy art that really interested me but don't worry I would keep it as far away from Potterland as possible... well I would hope my brain would let me!

When I found some of the images below in my influence map they reminded me of the original Charlie and the Chocolate Factory film and I thought this was nice to maybe have the aesthetic of plastic like sweets like the gummy bears Verruca Salt pretty much uses as a punching bag. This could also have a nice squash and stretch effect which would be useful for the division of cells. I also like the translucency factor which to me would keep the science touch.



However, I also really like the bottom of the image on the top left of influence map 2 (underwater). To me it has a science sense with the fantasy.
Photobucket

Photobucket

My 5th idea took the influence of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and the sweet like feel of some of the art. It revolves around an open sweet packet which the camera zooms into going into darkness and the bam! we are in a world of gummy sweets taking us on the journey of cell division.

Image Detail

Image Detail

No comments: