cff

Tuesday 15 January 2013

Adaptation: Ideas

Since the briefing I have come up with 3 possible ideas for what I could do for this unit which are briefly explained below.

Idea 1:

I have a keen interest in Victorian stories and the steampunk styling so I would really be happy to adapt an environment out of a text which is set in Victorian times to a steampunk style. A list of books I have thought of which I think are possible to adapt from for this are...

Around the World in Eighty Days
The 39 Steps
Treasure Island
His Dark Materials (The Northern Lights)
The Ruby in the Smoke
A Charles Dickens novel.
A H.G. Wells novel.

From more research I am leaning towards 'Around the World in Eighty Days' if I was to do this.

Idea 2:

I also am really interested in Film Noir so another option is to find a text to adapt a set from in this genre.

Idea 3:

I really liked the idea of adapting an Aesop's fable into an animated short however taking a modern twist to it so that it could appeal to audiences now better.

No comments: