cff

Saturday 19 January 2013

Primary Research: Historic Rochester

Because 'Around the World in 80 Days' is set during the Victorian era I thought it would be appropriate to research into areas of Victorian streets and buildings. I then remembered we have Charles Dickens and Victorian history right here in Rochester so what better way than to get up close and see it with my own eyes!

I took quite a few images of Victorian elements down the Rochester high street while I tried to bare the cold weather. I think these will be really useful to put myself in this timezone even if I don't design a digital set of a British Victorian street and also because these structures follow other parts of Victorian design.

 
 


1 comment:

Jake Carpenter said...

Very good idea to use those streets as a resource. I look forward to the set you hope to design.