cff

Thursday 14 March 2013

Switchback Railway Steam Train Car Colour Experiments

A few more supporting art pieces for my digital set world so that I know what I'm definitely carrying forward into the maya. Just colour experiments for the train on my switchback railway, a few are similar but sometimes a small change can make a massive difference! I noticed during my research into Victorian steam trains that the colours I have done below were typically what existed and not the bright blues, yellows and oranges of Thomas the Tank Engine. But, I have stepped outside this Victorian steam train colour box a bit to make them more original and exciting :)

So... which coloured train would you pick to ride at Fogg's grand attraction?

 


5 comments:

Miss Butler said...

I saw these in the little image view on the blogger dashboard and it looked like they were chugging along :) they have lots of character.
I think 2 looks like it could exist... but there's something about 5 I really like... I think the brass is too yellow? maybe try that tarnished brass/copper that's typical of steam-punk and its a winner. I like the green :)

Emma Foster said...

Thanks Sammy! Ohh ok that's really helpful I'll give that steampunk brass/copper a go thank youu :)

Tom Beg said...

I like them all. They are all charing in their own certain way! If I had to choose though...

Probably 2, 4 and 5.

tutorphil said...

agreed - so cute, Emma - really lovely - and I think really it's got to be 2 because it's so 'on message' :)

Emma Foster said...

Thanks Tom and Phil! :)