cff

Thursday 2 February 2012

Pirates of the Caribbean Influence

Just thought I would post the clip of Pirates of the Caribbean, The Curse of the Black Pearl that me and Anita were discussing in relation to my story. The way Jack Sparrow looks like he is atop the mast of a large ship just from the camera angle deceives the audience until it is revealed how rubbish his boat actually is when we see him scooping out the water from the bottom. But again we are deceived here as we think he has got the water out yet, when we finally see the tracking of the boat and Sparrow reaching his leg out to the deck we know otherwise.

I just liked the way we are made to think everything is going fine and that Sparrow is some great important pirate on his ship but find out he is pretty rubbish when it sinks and felt I might be able to play around with some constrast/oppositions in my story especially when that grappling hook is just asking for an accident to happen.



No comments: