cff

Wednesday 2 November 2011

Underwater Cemetery-Artist Inspiration

When reading and coming up with ideas for this extract I had in mind a creepy feeling but also calm and peaceful. I thought one of the key parts that should convey this is the trees and then I thought about Tim Burton and his stylised trees. How they are creepy and strange but somehow magical and calm.

There are a lot of interpretations on Burton's trees so I collated some images below to inspire me with my own trees.

Sleepy Hollow Tree

Parque Abdon Calderon Tree


Alice and Wonderland Trees

 
Artist interpretations on Burton tree


I really liked this one because of the texture it has which are actually faces. In some ways it reminded me of coral so this particular design could prove useful in the aspect of incorporating coral into my cemetery.






No comments: