cff

Monday 14 May 2012

Cell Model Experiments

Some more experiments but this time with the actual cell. After a discussion with Simon last Friday he said I didn't neccessarily have to use toon shaders to get the best result. I was well up for trying to not use them as well because there was something about them that wasn't getting the right effect/mood about my work and I couldn't put my finger on it.

But now I have had a go at applying colours straight onto the cell model and using an ambient light and mental ray to get a flat but also 3D sense about the cell. There is something that makes this pop much more effectively than the previous toon shader experiments!

Photobucket 

1 comment:

Mike said...

Me likes very much :) it really has a 2d style yet in a 3d way. So good job! It reminds me of play doh which is quite a nice effect, it feels soft and squishy.